Monday, January 16, 2012

Hey! It's me Again!

So I decided that I should write a post since I haven't updated this blog since the end of my class last semester. I flew home for Christmas break and that was an adventure. I hadn't been in a plane for 9 years and I had never flown by myself before, so I was a little nervous. I was really wishing that I was a drinking woman, but I managed without the alcohol. It was actually a really good experience for me. The whole experience of going home in general was. I wasn't really looking forward to it, but I think I grew a lot from it.
Last time I was home, I was in a really bad place and I didn't want to go back and feel the same way and be stuck there for 2 weeks. But I felt great the whole time about being there and everything went really well! It was very empowering!  I even got to go spend New Years with my good friend and former roommate, Kirsten in San Francisco! We had so much fun! It was kind of strange to go home and have a friend there. I haven't had a friend in California...ever. I mean, I had a few in High School, but the relationships were very shallow, so it was really cool to have someone that I have a strong bond with to hang out with!
Overall going home went very well and I am really glad that I did it! So for the New Year, I have lots of plans! My roommate Jordin and I have been working out and eating healthy! I had planned this before the whole New Year's Resolution thing came into play, but I'm really excited to get into shape! The family competition thing didn't really work out, so I am just going to get into shape on my own and that will motivate the other people in my family to be fit! Right?   ; )
As I sat on the beach looking at the bay and the San Francisco Bridge with Kirsten on New Year's Day, I could tell, this year is going to be different. I could feel it. I still can. This is going to be the year where things change for me. I'm going to do things I never thoughts I could or would do and I am going to grow up and take charge of my life. This year...life is going to be great!

1 comment:

  1. Wooohooo! You go girl!! I can't wait to see what this awesome new year will bring for you! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete